Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
Catfishing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
Buffalo 4-28,29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Canoe & Kayak Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ol'Slick

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Buffalo 4-28,29 Reply with quote

The river was up some and flowing along at a good clip. There were lots of long stretches with white water, and some were exciting to say the least with stacks putting water over the nose and sides of the canoes.

I lost a spinning outfit in one shoot, and that put me out of the fishing business on the first day out.

We fished on the fly out of the boats, there were some nice smallies caught, but the numbers were not too good. The water was a little stained from the flow, and it was dropping...maybe that had something to do with it. One of the group caught a smallie that had a lamprey attached...that's something ya don't see every day.

The skinny boys climbed the famous rock formation called the "Nars", and saw wild hogs off the back side of it. The whippoorwills sang us to sleep at night, the elk were in the field at Ponca, we saw deer, coyotes sang to us at dawn, the turkeys gobbled in the AM, and the boys found some bear tracks in camp the first morning.

The river and the weather were about as close to perfect for a float as one could ever hope for.

I'll try to post a couple of fish pics here later.

catfish

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great John

last r&r i lost was the wife's & the last thing she told me that day was to not take her r&r ... we was on the brazos with a 4' rise & turned the boat over ... we still ain't totally over that :lol:

look forward to the pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Canoe & Kayak Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: