Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
Catfishing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
blues leaving the lake
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazybum

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiny wrote:
they find suitable nesting areas ... catfish normally nest in holes in the banks and under rocks so that they can defend their nests.

So is this just the Blues that do this, or do the flat heads and channels do it too, or do they take turns?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
catfish

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blues & channels go about the same time ... flats are spawning at the same time but just get started a lil later ... therefore they end a lil later ... at least that's the way it happens in my part of texas
tiny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the channelcat and flathead are more of a resident fish .. you'l find them nesting around the broken rock structure all around the lake. Mostly up where there's some current it always seemed like when I was noodling. about june 7th or so the blues will not feed nearly as much below the dams also ... you can catch some females and a few males after this date but it seems a little slow sometimes from the second week of june to aout the end of the third week. Like catfish said, the channels and blues nest about the same time and flathead a little later. The only difference is the channels don't make a migration like the blues do ... below dams and smaller lakes with no big tibutary like the arkansas river or cimarron will have some bluecat biting but there's a two week period in there that it's really slow.
Ol'Slick

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, over here where I do most of my fishin', the channels just move into a rocky bank and around sunken timber to spawn, you can find them all around the lake close to shore right now.....The old injuns say when the blackberries are bloomin the channels are spawnin, and that seems to work pretty well.

The blues head north, in fact, the past few years they've stayed north...funny deal, I used to find them down in the lower parts of the lake in late summer all the time, but not the past two years, if I wanted to catch blues I needed to be in the far upper end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Bluecat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: