Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
Catfishing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
hybrid hard fighters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Striped Bass, Hybrid, White Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishing=cats

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: hybrid hard fighters? Reply with quote

shawn with all do respect im not callin u out or anything but can u plz explain to me how hybrids are the HARDEST fighters!i love catching hyprids and they are good fighters but i dont know if they are the hardest fighters!
Shawn Watkins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey! its all attitude!!!

when you take 2 naturaly strong fish as a white bass and striped bass your gonna get a freak of a fish who can yank your arms off!!

Honestly I am no bioligist I cant give the exact reason. I do know they pull hard and i love to catch em!! and they are one of the tastiest fish to eat. and people pay good many to catch em!! Peace Out

918-851-6093
tiny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's called "hybrid vigor"

that term is used in cockfighting also where you take two pure inbred strains of birds and cross them over and it amplifies their desired traits into the perfect fighting machine ... where one strain's strong points are combined with another strain's strong points you come up with a hybrid that normally takes on the positive characteristics of both sides ... the hybrid white/striper does just that as they've got stamina and shear power when ya strap onto one with 4 to 6 lb test line ... especially an 8+lb hybrid .... ya get hold of one of those and it's like ... well it's undescribable just to get on a 6 lb fish ... they're pretty awesome but then I wonder what it'd be like to hook a blue of about 8 lbs with 4 lb test ... that'd probably be pretty fun too but I doubt they'd be nearly as fast or have the stamina that a hybrid does.

tinycatfishin.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Striped Bass, Hybrid, White Bass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: