Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
Catfishing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
Dear Tiny,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> General Catfishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgallow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Dear Tiny, Reply with quote

Kinda has a ring to it like Dear Abby! Extremely Funny

Was grazin over in your tips pasture the other day and noticed the change in the three-way float rig...where the float is allowed to slide freely from sinker to drop loop. Just curious as to why you made this change? Improved castability or what? Care to expand?

We've been castin a bunch of lead lately and most of them look pretty good except most of the 5's are wierd....not sure if I got ahold of some hard lead or the pour rate is not fast enough....molds are prewarmed. I use the Lee production pot with bottom pour spout and I've opened up the aperature to 7/64" for max flow. Got some soft pipe lead yesterday and I'll see if it does better on the bigger weights. What's the best way to pour 5's and 6's?

Also do I need to modify the mold to make those spider sinkers with the wires? Or they just fit right in the bottom pour spout?

Damn I'm ready for dis water to come down! I'm so Bored

tiny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting the line through the plastic deals on the ends makes them cast smoother as the line is going directly through the center of the float ... when you use them fastened onto the line the floats are more off to the side and wobble when casted but the main reason is they road better ... when you're driving down the road and the rods are sticking up in the rod holders they're whipping around quite a bit and the plastic deals get loose and fly off there ... when the line is through the center they can't come off so they just last longer like that. when ya keep them in the boat like I do it's the best way as you'll loose some floats to the wind as you're driving down the road and they also cast smoother and don't whip around as much

tinycatfishin.net
dgallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tiny for the scoop on the bobbers! Rods are laid flat and strapped down to the boat when we're on the road so that's not a big problem. Improved castin would be nice! Good Job!

The pipe lead worked alot better for sinkers....twas dirty so I had to flux and stir, flux and stir to get clean ingots. I need about 65 lbs of lead to finish.....plan on castin about 100 of each size (2-5oz for banks and 1/8-3oz for the eggs) and a few spiders. That should last a lifetime. Then I can shuck the molds and move onto something else!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> General Catfishing Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: