Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
Catfishing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
fat boys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Canoe & Kayak Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazybum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: fat boys Reply with quote

How much trouble is it for a fat boy like myself, 5'10" and 240 to do the yak thing in the ocean?

Crossing Fingers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tiny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha ... well I got in one one time and it sunk! but I'm twice as big as you are ... I think they got weight limits posted on a little deal in the boat so if ya get one that'll handle say 300 lbs you should be alright. you ain't gonna yak some bloody baits out for charlie are ya? cause I ain't so sure that one of those sharks can't eat you, the yak and your truck at the same time.

tinycatfishin.net
Ol'Slick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run around 270 myself, ain't been in a kayak, probably never will be, but I spect there's one out there made for oversized loads.
lazybum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell no I not gonna yak baits out for charlie, but I might mess around in it VERY close to shore. Now, if Charlie wanted to borrow my yak and yak some baits out there, I am SURE that could be arranged.!!!!!

Speaking of the truck..... I buried it last night down at the dam. Some guy was down there and needed to be pulled out..... no sweat.... we go off in that sand about 3/4 mile I guess, about 200-300 yards from the park there east of the dam (south side).... but, we wasn't on the road, but the sand next to the river...... this guy had this Z71 buried 3 wheels, and 1 wheel was off the ground. Needless to say, I buried mine trying to get him out about 12:30 this morning.... No wrecker would touch us. Finally about 9am we get pulled out..... I have winch, but no controller.... This ol boy was gonna buy me a controller.... Told him naw, I'd get it myself..... once I got on pavement, directly to Sams off The Road I went and got me that baby. 60 bucks... Warn wanted 80, and this is a Warn controller.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tiny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad thing about that sand down there ... it gets in everything and tears stuff up ... hope ya got it all washed outta there

tinycatfishin.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Canoe & Kayak Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: