Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
Catfishing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
Tailrace blues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Fishing Reports Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgallow

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them spoonies good table fare? Never ate it myself but heard mixed reports from others ranging from very good to very bad.....may have to do with how ya cook it too! Can't imagine a plant eatin fish being all that tasty.
Ol'Slick

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't keep em, they are fun to catch, and I've sure had a ball with them on medium spinning tackle and a boat to chase em down with...sometimes they will jump and put on a show.

I used to clean them...way back, and they weren't bad, you've got to trim out all the fat, and all the red meat, and there's alot of throw away on em, and you need one to be around the forty pound range before they are worth messing with.

They taste different than other kinds of fish, lots of folk like em, I didn't dislike em, but there's alot of fish that I like better.

I still snag a spoonie or two during the spring run just for grins, or on a day when the sandbass ain't cooperating.

cdschoonie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Freeport Reply with quote

Hey you didn't happen to go on a Capt. Elliott trip for tuna and such did you?
Took that 52 hr trip last year and caught bunches and bunches.
Ol'Slick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother, nephew, and I went to Venice, Louisiana the last of January. We fished with Reel Peace Charters out on the Midnight Lump about thirty miles out in the Gulf.

They were a great bunch to fish with, I met four of their captains while hanging out at the docks when we first got down there, and seemed like real nice guys.

I'd like to get back down there sometime...hell of a drive.

tiny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey cory!!!
welcome aboard the new forum ... I'm suprised however, that you was able to complete the registration with that complicated math test I designed fer that registration deal hahahaha just kiddin but what'd ya think of that ... those spam bots don't have a clue either ... they're smart enough to register and post on a forum but they can't figure "one plus two" or "one plus one" ... ain't that sumpthin! hahaha. It sure has made it a lot easier on me ... having to delete 5 or 6 spambot registrations per day and since I put that deal on there with the random questions I haven't had one get through and it sends me an email telling me that someone flunked the test each time they try it and gives me their IP address and email address they faked on there and all that junk .... now ain't that smart
cdschoonie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to get out the ole calculator, but I figured it out, once my kids told me the answer...lol. I like it though. I love the new forum too. :shock:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Catfishing.tv Forum Index -> Fishing Reports Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: