Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
 Catfishing Forum 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 am
All times are UTC - 5
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
 Forum index » Catfishing » Help Forum
Moderators: catfish, Dogyeller, Ol'Slick, tiny
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
tiny
Site Admin

I've set up the avatar directory for anyone wanting to use an avatar ... I've gathered up a few fishing avatars and funny avatars and uploaded them. it took me a little bit to figure out how to configure it but it's working now.

if you want to use an avatar that'll show on your posts then click on "Profile" at the top center of the forum and then scroll down to the bottom. there are four ways to display an avatar and those are to upload one off your computer, upload one that's already on the net by submitting the url (web address) of the photo avatar or use one of the avatars in the gallery that I've uploaded.

Upload Avatar from your machine:

to use one off your computer it has to be of certain deminsions which is no larger than 200pixels in height and 150 in width and they can't be over 40kbytes in size which is a pretty big size for an avatar ... your avatar size should be about 10kbytes in size so that the forum pages won't be hard to load but it's up to you ... I've set it on 40kbytes so that people can use an animated gif if they wish to do so. once you've got the avatar the right size then click on the browse button and load it then upload it then click the save button at the bottom and from then on when you post your avatar will be visable.

Upload Avatar from a URL:

to use one that's already on the net somewhere just right click on the photo if you don't already know the web address to it then click properties and copy the web address and then paste it in your profile in the appropriate slot then click submit

Link to off-site Avatar:

if you choose this option the avatar has to remain at the location you specify else it'll not display if it ever gets moved or deleted... it's probably best to choose to Upload Avatar from a URL: instead but it's perfectly okay to link to an off-site Avatar: if you know it'll stay there.

Select Avatar from gallery:

to use this option just click on "Show Gallery" button then on the drop down menu choose the category ... currently as of june 22, 2007 there's just two categories which is "fishing" and "funny" choose one of those and then select the avatar you wish to use by checkmarking the little circle deal below the picture and then click "select avatar" button down at the bottom of the screen. There's quite a few animated gifs in there so it'll take a while to load all of them if you're on a modem.

once you've loaded your avatar then click the "submit" button at the bottom of your profile and you're done. from then on your posts on the forum will have a dandy avatar displayed under your name and you can change your avatar any time you wish to do so by going through all this stuff again.

if you don't know how to resize a photo that you want to use as an avatar you can email it to me at tsmith03@sbcglobal.net and I'll edit it for you and email it back to you. don't send me any photos over 200k in size though ... it locks my email up if they're too big. if you're typing in my email address manually to the "to:" slot on your email client then the email address is tsmith-zero-three @sbcglobal.net not tsmith-OH-three or you can send it to "tiny atsign catfishin.net" I can't post the proper email address to my catfishin.net address because I don't have spam filters on that one and it won't take long before the spammers pick it up if I post my email address on the net.

tinycatfishin.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:26 am
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Catfishing » Help Forum
Jump to: