Lake Levels & Discharge Rates | Lake Keystone Map & Info - Net4u | Tulsa News & Weather | Catfishing Tips Section | Today's Catch Photos | Tiny's Family Photos | Oklahoma Department of Wildlife | Free Video Downloads | www.catfishin.net | Online Photo Editor
Catfishing.tv Forum Index Catfishing.tv
 Catfishing Forum 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:46 am
All times are UTC - 5
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
 Forum index » Catfishing » Guide Service
I was on channel 2 news today
Moderators: catfish, Dogyeller, Ol'Slick, tiny
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
tiny
Site Admin

I was on channel 2 news today

Friend told me bout seeing me on channel 2 news today ... I didn't know it was going to be on else I'd have posted something bout it prior to it being on. All this traffic and stuff has my catfishin.net site down due to running out of bandwidth but it'll come back online the first of june. I had them set it up when it did that a few days ago but it used up 2 gig in just two days and he allowed as how my sites are using up over 3/4 of his total bandwidth so I've taken some of the videos down and will probably try to host them sommers else ... I may try to upload them to youtube or something like that and see if that'll work and ease up some of the bandwidth useage on my two sites. I'm getting about 1000 unique hits per day on the catfishin.net site and 400 uniques per day on the catfishing.tv site so there's getting to be too much traffic for putting the videos on here. I'll figure out something though. I ran out of bandwidth (15 gig) andthen used up another 2 gig well before the month was up.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:52 pm
MARKIT

Your gettin to be a regular old movie star tiny

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:45 am
tiny
Site Admin

ain't no big deal really ... They told about my tv shows on my local home town news paper and I got a bigger kick outta that than being on tv hahaha. now they may have to revisit the story if I get on a few more hahaha. I went to my class reunion a couple saturdays ago and a lot of people mentioned it and they was goin on about the tv shows and I said yeah ... I heard they put me in the new era paper ... they said hey ... that's nothing ... it's a big deal being on tv ... I told um I got a bigger kick outta being in the local paper for something hahaha.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:52 pm
dgallow

So when ya gonna get your own series of rods/reels? Ya know kinda like ol Bill Dance! :lol:

Good things happen to good people!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:34 pm
tiny
Site Admin

I already had that ... sorta ... nothing ever came of it as most catfishermen didn't see the need to pay $350 for a competition casting rod. It'd be cool to get with shakespeare and design a rod made with the same durability of their uglystik rods ... I'd like to have the same kinda rod with just a little stiffer backbone at 8 ft length and about the same components except to get 10 stainless guides on it with the threads on the reel seat upside down or on top of the reel instead of on bottom and have a smooth grip with trigger too ... Same distance from the end of the rod butt to the reel seat as the uglystik catfish rods too. That's not asking for much is it hahaha.

I also have a tiger lite rod that's a nice rod but the balance is off due to it's stiff backbone and short rod butt ... it needs to be about 4" longer on the rod butt to make it feel right when throwing it.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 pm
catfishdave

i'll have you know that i happen to think that the new era is as good of a source as any for news in these here parts....

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:54 pm
dgallow

Seems that handle lenght is not just a problem on those as I'd like to have a little more lenght on the 7's and those 12's of mine definitely need a longer handle. Big rod w/short handle = not too fun! We need to invent some kinda handle extension! :lol:

So those catfish uglystix.....they have ceramic or metal guides? Seems I looked at one at WallyWorld and the tip was all metal but the others were ceramic......might have been another brand too. I'm not too fond of all metal guides but maybe stainless would hold up really well and not get grooves in it!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:33 am
tiny
Site Admin

you were probably looking at the berkley rods ... the uglystik catfish rods are white with a glow tips on them ... can't really see the glow tips all that well but it's not necessary with the white rods. uglystik surf rods really suck as their backbone is really uneven and like you said ... the handle is really short for that heavy of a rod ... they're super heavy too. I threw several of them and they were all the same ... very heavy with short handles ... they'll give you tennis elbow real bad and the sections will come apart real easy when power casting them. gotta make sure they're stuck together real good about every other cast and usually by the end of the day you've checked them so much that they're impossible to get apart hahaha. if a person wanted a good cheap long rod they should go with the oceanmaster rods at bps or daiwa eliminator rods ... they're bulky though but they're the best $50 surf rods I think.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:19 pm
dgallow

The white 12' surf rods I'm talkin about are the Eagle Claw 'CatClaw' series.....they're inexpensive at about $30 from that wholesaler over off Eufaula on 9A. They have that glow stuff under each eyelet and rated for 2-6oz.....4's or 5's are about right. They have nice balance between sensitivity of tip and backbone but the handle from real seat to end is only like 18".....24"-27" would be better......plus the handle is wrapped in that EVA foam which gives it a short bulky feel.....other than that I really like the rods but am not well versed in that field. If ya get a chance try one of those rods and let me know what ya think....prolly the best I've found in bargain basement surfs!

EagleClae also made a heavy action 13' which was yellow.....those are tough to cast.....a 6+oz sinker helps but not much....might as well fish with an oak stick!

BassPro Outlet Store had the Oceanmasters and Eliminators last winter for like $50-70....might have to give one of them a try for that price!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:52 pm
tiny
Site Admin

oceanmaster 12 ft rods should be about $140 ... walmart carries the daiwa eliminator 11.6 for $40 or $50

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:40 pm
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Catfishing » Guide Service
Jump to: